Monday, January 12, 2015

Learning Still and Again....

We never stop learning... thank goodness. That is a truth my fifth grade students couldn't quite comprehend..because they already knew everything.  But as we get older our interests seem to branch out and when we are busy raising families and keeping house and a managing a career there is little time to become educated in those things outside of child rearing, home maintenance, and job related updates.
And that is why retirement was invented.  WOOHOO!  I write. I love reading and writing.  Because writing is my passion I attend workshops and classes that will educate me in bettering (a Seuss word) my writing.
BUT...I also want to learn photography.  Oh, I can take pictures....nice ones that tell a story or remind me of a special event.  I really miss the old Kodak Instamatic.  I could just point and shoot. With the camera I have now.... I need a college course.  ( had to take an hour class at the Verizon store just to learn how to use my phone...and I still mostly use it to call.. but I did learn to text...that is fun.  And I can take pictures with it and play games (whose idea was that?!)
I want to learn genealogy  and upholstering and Feng Shui and painting and gardening and how to make jewelry ..... you get the idea.  Learning...and the desire to learn is a never ending story....Isn't it wonderful?
Oh, so now with the release of my book, Men in Ts (in case you forgot the title) I have to learn the art of MARKETING my book.  In the old days... I would just tell a friend and within a short time everyone was informed.  Welcome, Alee, to the age of technology.  I am currently taking a class on how to market my book...no kidding.  and let me add...it isn't easy.
So be patient with me...and spread the word that Men in Ts is available.... WOOHOO!!!!!

Here are two links to purchase a copy of Men in Ts
http://www.wildrosepublishing.com/maincatalog_v1…/index.php…
At Amazon: http://amzn.com/B00QR1BIZM

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My first published romance, Thistle Dew, was inspired by the daily subtle signs my Bestemor(grandma) sends to me to reassure me that she is still present in my life. The comfort her spiritual presence offers me encouraged me to share with others the idea to become aware of little occurances that may very well be signs that because someone that loves you has passed on, they are still with you, protecting you, guiding you, loving you.