Monday, January 19, 2015

My current WIP is titled    His Birthday Suit... and although the title might imply a saucy story... I probably won't write it that way.  I like writing sweet romance... with a hint of spice... but nothing too saucy.... I figured that you, my audience, already knows what happens when the bedroom door closes.       My heroine is Keely, a strong young woman with an abusive past.  She has a seven year old son and lives in an apartment over a men's clothing store, where she works part time in exchange for rent.       The hero, Zayn, comes from a well-to-do family, a snobby but loving mother and a obnoxious , controlling father.  Zayn is not happy working in the corporate world as is dictated by his father and escapes as often as he can to his log cabin in the Adirondacks where he is minutes away from his favorite ski resort.
     After Zayn's significant other runs off to Europe, Zayn's  mother begins planning a festive 30th  birthday. It will be a gala affair and she plans on inviting every single, single female she knows.  She has her hopes set on becoming a grandmother within the next five years and of course, wants Zayn to find happiness.
     Well, of course, Zayn is not going to be attracted to any wealthy daughters of her parents, friends... he likes the girl who measured him for his birthday suit.
I haven't plotted everything out... don't really know how this is going to work... but this in the direction I'm heading.
I always could use some plot ideas, twists and turns and of course, conflicts.  If you've got any ideas share them.... unless you are planning your own book of course.  (this is called brainstorming)  .  
Any ideas...thoughts....suggestions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How about a parallel universe where Keeley's son and Zayn's mother have a chance meeting, and fall it love. She's the grandmother he always wanted, and he's the kind of grandchild she longs for.

I have to lead a brain storming meeting next week at 8 am. YIKES! That is not my hour to shine!

About Me

My photo
My first published romance, Thistle Dew, was inspired by the daily subtle signs my Bestemor(grandma) sends to me to reassure me that she is still present in my life. The comfort her spiritual presence offers me encouraged me to share with others the idea to become aware of little occurances that may very well be signs that because someone that loves you has passed on, they are still with you, protecting you, guiding you, loving you.