Friday, March 4, 2016

I just read an article entitled How to write whether you feel like it or not by Joe Bunting.  I read this article because this third book is not coming easily.  I mean this book is actually making me work.  That's not fun.  I'm retired I don't want to work anymore.  With my other two books, I watched a movie in my head and simply had to write it all down as I saw it.  Easy breezy (I jest...it took me two years for each book) 
So the article offers suggestions...take a walk,schedule writing time and stick to it...maybe write for a local newspaper or an article for a magazine(maybe a blog) .  Find a new or comfortable writing nook.  I have a comfy chair that I'm writing in right now, Thistle Dew was written in my bed, Men in Ts on the sofa in the TV room...both locations explain why the books took two years.  Hang out with other writers...This one is my favorite.  I attend weekly critique meetings, monthly writers meetings and host writers retreats a few times a year.  The creative energy is amazing and I am most productive in the 24 hours following a meeting. 
So here I sit,  waiting for my characters to speak to me, writing to you.  Thanks for listening...I mean reading.  Do you have any suggestions for me....to get back to writing the book?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My first published romance, Thistle Dew, was inspired by the daily subtle signs my Bestemor(grandma) sends to me to reassure me that she is still present in my life. The comfort her spiritual presence offers me encouraged me to share with others the idea to become aware of little occurances that may very well be signs that because someone that loves you has passed on, they are still with you, protecting you, guiding you, loving you.